Monday, January 23, 2012

apt-get install kung-fu

I recently read an article posted on the The Atlantic (fyi: This links directly to the article in question) regarding research into the use of fMRI to insert knowledge/skill-sets directly into a subjects brain. The full study can be read here. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Now, what I'm thinking is that what this needs (once it's further developed of course) is an automatic package management system like Aptitude which resolves dependencies for certain skill-sets and insures that knowledge is inserted in the correct order so as to make since.

Think prerequisites for college courses. Or think about it like this: having the entire 8300 character Simplified Chinese alphabet installed in your head is just a waste of space without also having a knowledge of Mandarin.

Maybe I'm way off on this, but it just seems to me that there would need to be some sort of structured control system in order for this to work well.

No comments: